Davies Ltd is a subsidiary of Grafton Group plc
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files a website might put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit the site or a particular page. The cookie helps the website to recognise your device the next time you visit.
- help us to remember your preferences
- analyse how well our website is performing
- contain personal information so you don’t need to enter it twice (for instance, when you tick the ‘Remember Me’ box)
What sort of cookies does www.davies.ie use?
1st Party Cookies (Our Cookies)
3rd Party Cookies (Performance cookies)
Cookies set by Google Analytics are shown in the table below.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated, therefore anonymous, and is only used to improve how davies.ie works.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to understand what subjects on our website you’re interested in and to help us improve the usability of the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form - cookies don’t identify you- including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages visited
Can a website user block cookies?
Cookies help you to get the most out of our website, but if you’d like disable cookies just in case, please follow the instructions below.
If you do choose to disable cookies, you might find that certain sections of our website won’t work properly and you won’t be able to purchase products online.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Click ‘Show advanced settings’
- In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
- To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies pick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
- To disable cookies, in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: Google Chrome Cookie Settings
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet Options’
- In the options window navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab
- To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
- To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft: Microsoft Internet Explorer Cookie Settings
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
- Select the Privacy panel
- To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites’
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla: Mozilla Firefox Cookie Settings
- Click on ‘Setting’ at the browser menu and select ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Quick Preferences’
- To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
- To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software: Opera Software Cookie Settings
Safari on OSX
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the menu bar and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’
- To enable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Only from site you navigate to’
- To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: Safari Cookie Settings
All other browsers, please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.